10 MIN : PREPARATION TIME
1H40 : COOKING TIME
- 1 farm-raised chicken, around 1.8 kg (4 lbs)
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fleshy tomato
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, with firm flesh
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 good sprig of celery Fine salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of fleur de sel (sea salt)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C (425°F / Gas Mark 7).
- Season the inside of the chicken well, adding the sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
- Peel the potatoes, carrots, onion and celery.
- Chop the potatoes into quarters, the carrots and celery into slices.
- De-seed the tomato, chop into fairly large cubes and finely chop the onion.
- Place the chicken in the base of the chicken baker and arrange the vegetables harmoniously around it.
- Sprinkle the diced tomato and chopped onion over the chicken and vegetables.
- Pour olive oil all over and sprinkle the fleur de sel on top.
- Put the lid on the chicken baker and cook for 1 hr 30 - 1hr 40 mins at 220°C (425°F / Gas Mark 7).
- The cooking time will vary according to the weight of the chicken. Estimate 30 minutes per 500g (1lb). When you take it out of the oven, the vegetables will be glazed, and the chicken golden and crunchy. Slice the chicken and return to the dish on top of the vegetables, ready for serving.