Commitment to Sustainability
Responsibility is a crucial part of Klopman’s corporate identity: policies that go far beyond the defence of the environment, since they involve also the commitment for a fabric production process as clean as possible and the promotion of a social and cultural respectful behaviour. Innovation, fair business practices, social inclusion, pursuit of innovation and product responsibility are the core of Klopman commitment, summarized into their Corporate Social Responsibility document.
R&D into Sustainable Practices - 2020/21 Highlights
- Zero waste programme implementation.
- Decreased emissions by 3%.
- STeP by Oeko-tex certfication for production facilities in Indonesia.
- Over 3.5 million metres of fabric produced using sustainable raw materials: recycled polyester, Fairtrade certified cotton and TENCEL Lyocell fibres.
- 10% of fabrics manufactured were from the Greenwear range, 8.5m plastic bottles were recycled to create the recycled polyester.
- Launch of new sustainable fabrics solutions: Vitalys manufactured with recycling of cotton scraps, Hydrogreen eco-friendly water repellent finish produced without perflourinated chemical products, and Luminex C50 high visibility and recycled polyester combined.